This is a personal overview of what you can do in the Périgord. Your curiosity will do the rest…
DISCOVER THE PERIGORD : A FEW SUGGESTIONS ...
Stroll through one of the many gardens of Périgord such as
- The overhangings gardens of Marqueyssac
- Eyrignac, 10 hectares of greenery sculptures. A unique example of Topiary Art in France
- Limeuil, a 2 hectare panoramic garden
It is said that there would be 1001 castles in the Périgord ! Difficult to be sure about it, but since the 12th century they are fully part of the Périgord heritage.
At the south of Monbazillac, make a drop at Bridoire.
On a rocky spur, this is the castle of games for all ages: let yourself be tempted by pne of the 100 games of former days, inside and outside: fittings of armors, scriptorium, shooting with crossbow, …
You will enjoy tasting Pécharmant, Bergerac & Rosette Wines by the wine producers close to our property : Château de la Renaudie , La Vieille Bergerie, Château de Corbiac or Domaine de Grand Jaure
Many gourmet markets will allow you to taste our local cheeses like Cabécou or Trappe d’Echourgnac, foie gras, nuts and of course the different varieties of strawberries from May to October.
- Hiking : GR 654 – St Jacques de Compostelle or different suggestions around Bergerac
- Golf at Château des Merles
- Horse riding Club Equestre de Bergerac
- Traditional barge (gabarre) cruises starting out of Bergerac
- Canoing on the Dordogne River
- Free mountain bikes at your disposal
- Our round swimming-pool